This post originally ran on 2-5-2015. It has been updated!
With about two weeks to go until Valentine’s Day, you might be looking for gift ideas for your special someone. Or you might be looking to grab something for yourself to show off just how much you love running or yoga. This is not an exhaustive list, but hopefully it’ll give you some ideas. (And hopefully it will give the Engineer some ideas too.)
- Runner necklace. I just love this gold one from AbellaBlue. All the jewelry is handmade and gorgeous. Check out her running jewelry here.
- Race entry. Surely there’s a Valentine’s Day race in and around your city. What better way to celebrate your love than by sweating together . . . as you’re running. Hold hands the whole time for an extra bonus. JK. 😉
- This super cool shirt from GoneforaRun.com. Such a cute design, and it comes in a bunch of different colors. I personally love the gray. They have many other Valentine’s gifts on the site too–earrings, medal racks, necklaces, socks, and so on.
- New running shoes! These are always welcome. I’m currently digging the Hoka One One Conquests. They’re certainly keeping my feet happy. Throw in a pair of Balega socks, and you’ll (or your valentine will) have happy feet too!
- Favorite fuel (Nuun, Shot Bloks, SportBeans, Clif Bars, GU, Picky Bars, etc.). Who needs chocolate? Okay, chocolate works too. How about a fancy rocky road chocolate bar from Chuao Chocolatier? They also make chocolate-covered bacon, s’mores, potato chip or orange? Delicious.
- New mat. At some point or another, every yogi needs a new mat. I personally love my PROlite by Manduka, but many other companies make great mats (Jade, Hugger Mugger, and Lululemon, to name a few). Hugger Mugger is offering 20% off mats with the code 2016mats. This is a bit of an investment, but I’ve been using my Manduka for about three years, and it still looks new. Throw in some mat spray, and you’ve got an awesome gift bundle. The companies mentioned sell their own, but there are a ton of tutorials on making your own. The Hippy Homemaker offers 5 different recipes here.
- New yoga clothes. What fitness enthusiast doesn’t love new clothes? I personally love Fabletics. Their Salar leggings are the bomb. Athleta, Lululemon, and Soybu also have some great pieces. For more reasonably priced ideas, check out Old Navy.
- Yoga blocks, bolsters, straps, mat bags, and other accessories.
- Class pass for a new yoga studio. Many studios also have a couples class!
- Massage. This is perfect for working out the knots from all those miles and fitness classes. Massage Envy offers a one-hour massage for $49.99. Of course, you might have a place in mind. Make it a date with a couple’s massage!
- iTunes gift card. Music is always a great idea.
- Class pass for a class your Valentine wants to try. BodyPump or a yoga class to stretch out those tight hamstrings, anyone?
- New earbuds (like these Yurbuds). The earbuds that came with the mp3 player only last for so long.
- Road ID (see my review here). Better be safe than sorry in any situation. Road ID has cute badges to add to any ID, including some Valentine’s-themed ones: a heart, “love,” “be mine,” etc.
- SweatyBands. These truly don’t slip off my head no matter what activity I do. These are a great gift for any active person. I’ve heard good things about Sparkly Soul headbands, Junk headbands, and BondiBands too. Junk and BondiBands are also appropriate for guys. 🙂
Other Gift Idea Blog Posts
Is Valentine’s Day a big deal at your house?
Our half anniversary is the day after, so we have a small Valentine’s Day and do something cool on the 15th. The discounts on chocolate don’t hurt, that’s for sure!
Any other ideas to add?