This post originally ran on 2-5-2015. It has been updated!
With about two weeks to go until Valentine’s Day, you might be looking for gift ideas for your special someone. Or you might be looking to grab something for yourself to show off just how much you love running or yoga. This is not an exhaustive list, but hopefully it’ll give you some ideas. (And hopefully it will give the Engineer some ideas too.)
- Runner necklace. I just love this gold one from AbellaBlue. All the jewelry is handmade and gorgeous. Check out her running jewelry here.
- Race entry. Surely there’s a Valentine’s Day race in and around your city. What better way to celebrate your love than by sweating together . . . as you’re running. Hold hands the whole time for an extra bonus. JK. 😉
- This super cool shirt from GoneforaRun.com. Such a cute design, and it comes in a bunch of different colors. I personally love the gray. They have many other Valentine’s gifts on the site too–earrings, medal racks, necklaces, socks, and so on.
- New running shoes! These are always welcome. I’m currently digging the Hoka One One Conquests. They’re certainly keeping my feet happy. Throw in a pair of Balega socks, and you’ll (or your valentine will) have happy feet too!
- Favorite fuel (Nuun, Shot Bloks, SportBeans, Clif Bars, GU, Picky Bars, etc.). Who needs chocolate? Okay, chocolate works too. How about a fancy rocky road chocolate bar from Chuao Chocolatier? They also make chocolate-covered bacon, s’mores, potato chip or orange? Delicious.
- New mat. At some point or another, every yogi needs a new mat. I personally love my PROlite by Manduka, but many other companies make great mats (Jade, Hugger Mugger, and Lululemon, to name a few). Hugger Mugger is offering 20% off mats with the code 2016mats. This is a bit of an investment, but I’ve been using my Manduka for about three years, and it still looks new. Throw in some mat spray, and you’ve got an awesome gift bundle. The companies mentioned sell their own, but there are a ton of tutorials on making your own. The Hippy Homemaker offers 5 different recipes here.
- New yoga clothes. What fitness enthusiast doesn’t love new clothes? I personally love Fabletics. Their Salar leggings are the bomb. Athleta, Lululemon, and Soybu also have some great pieces. For more reasonably priced ideas, check out Old Navy.
- Yoga blocks, bolsters, straps, mat bags, and other accessories.
- Class pass for a new yoga studio. Many studios also have a couples class!
- Massage. This is perfect for working out the knots from all those miles and fitness classes. Massage Envy offers a one-hour massage for $49.99. Of course, you might have a place in mind. Make it a date with a couple’s massage!
- iTunes gift card. Music is always a great idea.
- Class pass for a class your Valentine wants to try. BodyPump or a yoga class to stretch out those tight hamstrings, anyone?
- New earbuds (like these Yurbuds). The earbuds that came with the mp3 player only last for so long.
- Road ID (see my review here). Better be safe than sorry in any situation. Road ID has cute badges to add to any ID, including some Valentine’s-themed ones: a heart, “love,” “be mine,” etc.
- SweatyBands. These truly don’t slip off my head no matter what activity I do. These are a great gift for any active person. I’ve heard good things about Sparkly Soul headbands, Junk headbands, and BondiBands too. Junk and BondiBands are also appropriate for guys. 🙂
Other Gift Idea Blog Posts
Is Valentine’s Day a big deal at your house?
Our half anniversary is the day after, so we have a small Valentine’s Day and do something cool on the 15th. The discounts on chocolate don’t hurt, that’s for sure!
Any other ideas to add?
30 thoughts on “Your Fit Valentine: Gift Ideas for Runners and Yogis”
Great list! I love the stuff at Gone for a Run. Also love my Jade yoga mat!
Jennifer @ Running on Lentils recently posted…Five Cold Weather Running Gear Deals
I’ve heard great things about Jade mats. Glad yours is working for you. 🙂 Have a great weekend!
I may need to share this post with my husband. Great gift ideas and I would love a new hoodie!
Pam and Christine recently posted…Fitness Snapshots from my week
Isn’t that hoodie so cute? I’d love it too.
I could never get used to YurBuds because of they way they fit in my ears. Most buds I use can’t go all the way in, so I have to use the ones that are just round and have a clip on them. The best ones I’ve found for me are the Nike+ Vapor earbuds because they don’t hold in all the moisture and sweat that leaks into my ears. Yeah gross, I know, but when YurBuds and others work as complete stoppers…A Wild Infection Appears! #nothankyou
I’ve thought about those runner’s necklaces, though, or some other kind of running-themed jewelry. That would be fun to have.
BJ @ Geek Fitness recently posted…#FitGeekFriday 4: New Shinies!
Bummer about the ear infections. I was worried about that too when I first started wearing them, but they’ve just worked for me. Glad you found some buds that work for you. I really like the running jewelry at Shine On Sporty girl, but Momentum Jewelry and Endorphin Warrior have some cool stuff too.
I love this list. It’s funny that you put a race entry on there. That’s what my hubby got me for my birthday just 3 weeks ago 🙂
Heather @ Divas Run for Bling recently posted…Spaghetti with Breadcrumbs Recipe & Foodie content
Happy belated birthday! I’d never say no to a gifted race entry. Actually, that’s what I’m getting for V-day. 🙂
Des @ Finding the Skinny Geek Within recently posted…Fit Geek Friday – New Shinies
Thank you! Have a great weekend!
Valentines day isn’t really big in our house, but I wouldn’t turn away ANY of those gifts! Great suggestions!
Sue @ This Mama Runs for Cupcakes recently posted…Fit & Fashionable Friday: #Beebetter with Bombas
We’re not huge into holidays, but it’s nice to get a gift every once in a while. 🙂
massages are a great gift idea! i LOVE them 🙂
Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC recently posted…Friday Five: My Week in Picutres
Aren’t they great? It’s been too long since I’ve had one.
Yes, yes, yes! Great list. I should just forward this list right on to my husband!
He is a great romantic kind of guy but I stink with romance… personally, I would take a race entry over red roses any day. Roses are beautiful but they die. Now a race medal will last a lifetime 🙂 Running shoes are another wonderful V-Day gift idea!
A race entry and a box of chocolates. Perfect!
Amy @ Life to the Full recently posted…Build a Budget-Friendly Home Gym
What could be better than a weekend of running and chocolate? Not much, I’d say! 🙂
Great list. I love those sweaty bands. Too cute.
Debra@DailyStyleNotes recently posted…The Firm’s 500 Calorie Workout
I love Sweaty Bands. They are a bit pricey, but they work so well! Have a great weekend!
Great ideas, Whitney; I’d take any of these – ha! 😉 I don’t have any big plans for Valentine’s Day, but the hubs bought me tickets to see Miranda Lambert two weekends after so I think that will suffice. I’m not a huge country music fan, but I love Miranda. Hope you have a great weekend!
Tara @ Running ‘N’ Reading recently posted…Fitness Snapshots
Awesome! I’d say that counts! Happy weekend to you too!
All great ideas. I’d really like to have the charm necklace most. I just got Yurbuds camo style. Ha. I haven’t tried yet. I’ve used skull candy forever
HoHo Runs recently posted…Not-So-Flattering Race Photos (Friday Five)
I really love the charm necklace. I didn’t know Yurbuds made camo style. That’s pretty cool!
I think I need to send your blog link to my husband. Maybe he’ll get a few hints of what I’d like next week. 🙂
Kathryn @ Dancing to Running recently posted…Friday Five – February 6th – Five Ways to Grow Your Blog
Great idea. My husband reads the blog, so I hope he got some ideas. 🙂 Hope you have a great weekend!
All great ideas. Will you be my valentine? I don’t think mine thinks like this!
Wendy@Taking the Long Way Home recently posted…Bringing flexy back….
Of course I’ll be your Valentine! 🙂
Some great ideas on here. Can’t go wrong with a race entry. A good gift for any occasion.
John @ run. geek. run(disney) recently posted…Five (More) Fitness Snapshots | Friday Five
I totally agree. In fact, that’s what I got for V-Day. 🙂