Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Chobani Simply 100. All opinions are always my own.
Do you know how easy it is to burn 100 calories? Pretty darn easy. Here are my five favorite ways to quickly burn off some extra cookies. (Not that I eat cookies a lot or anything…)
- YOGA: I love yoga so much that it’s part of my everyday routine. Only 20 minutes of yoga can burn 100 calories. A more vigorous practice will burn more, of course. Here’s a great routine to torch some calories:
2. COOKING: About 30 minutes of cooking will help you burn 100 calories. The recipe below will take you approximately 30 minutes to prepare and cook–and it’s delicious! From hostthetoast.com: BLACKENED FISH TACOS WITH AVOCADO-CILANTRO SAUCE
3. RUNNING: About 10 minutes of running will help you burn 100 calories. You can also walk for 20 minutes. Easy peasy.
4. SWIMMING: Since swimming is a full-body exercise, it doesn’t take long–only 10-15 minutes, depending on your pace–to burn 100 calories.
5. CYCLING: No surprise that this is a fave since I’m a triathlete… 15-20 minutes of cycling at a moderate pace will do the trick.
Bonus! Jump roping! I love jump roping, and if you use the routine at FitnessMagazine.com, you can burn 100 calories in 10 minutes. Also good: HIIT. 🙂
The list above is just a start, so here’s a chart from Chobani Simply 100 with some more possibilities (and better calorie counts, I’m sure).
While we’re all trying to burn a few extra calories, it’s helpful to have a good snack, and Simply 100 offers a great option, FYI.
So, let me know how you’re planning on being a little healthier in the next 6 months.