I recently ordered a Road ID and got in the mail this past week. I was so excited to get it and even more excited that I didn’t have to shove my driver’s license in my bra anymore! Woo. I think having any kind of identification is important, especially when running or biking alone. I live near a running trail where women have been attacked, and if I bring ID with me, I’m also bringing peace of mind.
My Road ID (and all I assume) came in a nice metal box, which is a nice touch. I ordered their Wrist ID Slim (in orange with an extra purple band), which I love. I was able to fit all my vital information on the stainless-steel tag, which is laser engraved. It’s not uncomfortable to wear and I didn’t even notice it on my run this morning. I love it and am sure I’ll never go running/hiking/cycling without it.
Their mission statement:
Our mission is twofold: One, to educate outdoor enthusiasts (runners, cyclists, triathletes, skiers, snow boarders, kayakers, walkers, and anyone that doesn’t spend all of their time on the couch) about the importance of wearing ID. Two, to provide these athletes with innovative identification products that they will want to include as part of their gear.
Their top 10 reasons you should wear ID:
- If you can’t speak for yourself, Road ID will speak for you.
- Road ID enables First Responders to immediately contact family members and friends.
- Road ID enables family members to provide additional details about your health or give consent for potentially life saving procedures.
- Road ID enables hospital staff to locate vital medical records.
- Road ID can communicate medical conditions or allergy information to medical staff.
- Road ID can prevent serious delays in treatment by saving crucial time during the “golden hour” of medical treatment.
- It’s far better to have Road ID and not need it than to need Road ID and not have it. It’s not just a piece of gear, it’s peace of mind.
- Accidents happen far more than you think they do. Each year approximately 450,000 of us are taken to hospitals unconscious and without identification.
- Road ID looks good on and makes a statement about your athletic lifestyle – not to mention that studies would probably prove that people that wear Road ID are considerably smarter than those that don’t.
- Road ID can save your Life. Period.
I love Road ID’s commitment to safety and the fact that they stand behind their products. All their products are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and their engraved tags are backed with a lifetime guarantee. And a portion of each order is donated to different charities. Road ID is a great company, and I hope to get a Road ID for The Engineer soon.
Pros: Great packaging, colors great, ordering super smooth and user-friendly, tag laser engraved and easy to read, comfortable while running, company has commitment to safety and quality, etc., etc.
Cons: Medium band on Wrist ID Slim runs a little large for me.
Check out SUAR’s post about running safety HERE.
Use coupon code TAFH75GRSN for $1 off your Road ID order, and use ARR8868 for free shipping. You can also use pcGiftTW10 for 10% off all Road ID gear.
3 thoughts on “Road ID Review”
I bought one back in may when I first got into running as a Primus to my wife. I have an elite and love it. I always wear it, even when not working out.
I certainly feel safer wearing one. The elite is really classy; I might have to get one at some point.